Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Restyle # 3 - Vintage Plaid Dress

I was pleased enough with this particular restyle to have my photo taken in it, and I HATE  having my photo taken,ha!

Here's how it started life..£4.50 from a charity shop. Sleeveless, ankle length vintage Monsoon dress...
Sorry about the colour variance in the photos!  Anyhow, this is how it ended up (aaaand it has roomy pockets hidden in the side seams, yay!)...

Basically I shortened and hemmed it, then used the left over fabric to (crudely!) draft some sleeves. I really like the length of the sleeves so shall be repeating that particular aspect with a bit more attention to detail ( a longer sleeve head according to my tutor!). Overall though, I am sooo excited with this restyle. Think I may change the buttons and try it with a belt/cardigan/shirt. But I do officially like it. Wow! Progress is being made...

18 comments :

  1. Ooooh, great restyle - I would absolutely wear this dress. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant work - it looks fabulous!

    xx Charlotte
    Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job! sleeves are tricky, but yours look great :)
    janine
    honeyhivintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love the restyle! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous restyle, I especially love the sleeves, thats the kind of length I'd like on things. Looking good Miss P! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab re-style, no wonder you're happy with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such an awesome transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wahay it looks fab, what an improvement! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks great- I had to look a few times before I realized there were no sleeves on the original! Lovely job! And why do you hate photos? You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you should be happy with this restyle, it looks so great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! You look so cute, and I love the tights that you paired it with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, thanks everyone, you've all got me feeling even more pleased, and AJA, you are TOO kind.
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE it!! Great job. I love the length of the sleeves also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! I always pass over things like this in thrift stores, but now I'll have to reconsider. Great restyle, and I love the tights you paired it with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So inspired by this! Love how you reworked it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, thanks! If I'd have known blogging would bring such encouragement my way I'd have started doing it way before now!
    Congratulations on your wonderful magazine accolade.
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, this looks great, Portia!
    What's funny is that I bought a skirt from the thrift store that has a print almost exactly like the print in your dress!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...

Blogging tips