Saturday, February 12, 2011

"Go To Dress" Neckline inspiration...

In terms of how long it will take me if I could just get round to it, I'm really very close to finalising the basic pattern for my "Go To" dress. I had a few ideas at the outset as to what it was that I wanted to achieve and had been trawling the web for examples and other ideas. There's definately a trend forming in what I picked out and what I sketched out originally. Namely Peter Pan collars, button plackets and pintucks, with a few new ideas that piqued my interest....
It's certainly helped to consolidate my ideas for the Go To dress going forward.  All that remains before I can get onto the "aesthetics" of it is for me to transfer the alterations from the last muslin to the draft (Bust darts and CF tuck) then re-draw the neckline curve. Oh yeah, and draft a basic sleeve...not much (!)
Better "Go To" it really, hadn't I...!!  Which of the above images stand out to you?

Images from  modcloth.com

6 comments :

  1. Oh my, so many great choices for inspiration. The bottom far left picture is my favorite - but I also love the bottom far right and the third row down mid right (asymmetrical collar). SO looking forward to seeing the final dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. they ALL stand out to me, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, yeah, I guess I picked them because they ALL stand out for me too.
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  4. I such a sucker for a peter pan collar as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a lot of neat dresses there...I love the collar on the black one in the second row. It is sweet and unusual. Then I really like the two blue/grey on top of eachother in rows 3 and 4. They are so different and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the peter pan collars - especially the black on white, and white on black ones! Also love the black tie neck on the bottom row...

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line...