Thursday, February 24, 2011

Random Inspiration...

Clockwise from top left:
  • I adore this colour combo from Sessun. Not one I've tried before but can see it potentially featuring in my Autumn wardrobe.
  • I'm hoping this cute blouse soon becomes part of the range at Colette Patterns. Larger image here. Incidentally, have you seen the great series of turorials on seam finishes??
  • What a great Mantra this is! (Source unknown)
  • I'm intrigued by this skirt and top combo by Topshop Unique (Not so much the hairdo and black nose though, lol!). Seen here. There's some ideas for refashioning in here somewhere...
  • This pale yellow vintage dress is destined for my Etsy shop as alas, it is too small for me. But I really love the details on it. Perhaps I'll make a top similar to this.
  • My obsession with collars continues. I've been toying with the idea of making a collar that's interchangeable with plain tops/dresses. This little beauty is from Beta Boutique.
  • I love this image. I first saw it here. This lady is so beautiful and enigmatic. Timeless. Plus I'm loving the way she's wearing that headscarf. They always slide right out of my hair though. Really annoying! Any tips??
  • Adore the lean and clean lines of this look from Dace

2 comments :

  1. beautiful pictures.. and I always have that trouble with headscarves too. I secure them with a few pins but then I have to fuss around a bit making sure they don't ruin the line. I've seen scarves with a headband underneath that anchors it to your hair but doesn't show.. maybe you could even fix small combs to the underside to grip your hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Collette blouse with the Peter Pan collar, I got so excited when I saw it. And now I hear she may bring out the pattern for it soon, yippee. Thanks for the link. x

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line...