Friday, February 11, 2011

Restyle # 6 - A very quick one!

A very quick and simple, but very pleasing and effective restyle for me this week! I've been guilty of starting lot's of different projects, and as usual giving myself an excessive amount to do! As a result I have lot's in the pipeline but seem to have been doing alot of "preparatory" and technical work recently and hardly any actual garment sewing. So I needed one of those really quick fixes, and this was it....
A little vintage summer dress I picked up for £1 (I know!!) It was perfect apart from the frumpy length so was superquick to restyle. Half an hour I think. A simple shortening and re-hemming with a simple overcast hem. I actually really love it. Sometimes the simplest things are the best! It's lightweight cotton and will work layered up over the next few months and in the summer it will be really light and cool on the beach, in the garden. (and it kinda fits in with my Colette palette too!)

12 comments :

  1. With the design of the pattern it looks like the dress should be that short, looks so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're dead right Sarah. The widest stripe/band gave me a really good cue as to where to cut the new hem as it looks as if that's where it should be. Glad it's not just me that thought that!
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to say in last comment.. Love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like very much!!! Have you dyed your hair again by the way? It looks super bright and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah & Marie, yes I have indeed hit the bottle again, AND had a haircut. Although said haircut was more of a rescue than an informed style choice, lol! I'd been having a bad hair week and took to my fringe wih the scissors a little too enthusiatically. Hence the shorter than normal fringe!! I don't dislike it though. It looks quite edgy with the bright red.
    Apart from that, all my layers are now gone and I can concentrate on growing it long again. (Until I get bored again!)
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job! You're right, sometimes all that's really needed to make the item super cute is a quick transformation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sherrie! Thanks Andrea, I do like a super quick sewing fix. I feel much better now!
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much better. And don't you love a when the print's stripes tell you exactly where to cut?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Miss P, you might be interested in joining up as a contributor to a new collaborative blog called Refashion Co-op http://refashionco-op.blogspot.com/ We came together around a shared love for refashioning, or making over old garments into new garments and accessories, to create a space dedicated to refashioning. It would be great to see some of your refashions on this site!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Erica, I've checked it out and sent my joining email! Thank you for thinking of me. ;)
    Px

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line...