Monday, February 21, 2011

Restyle # 7 - Maxi Skirt

What with everything that's gone on this past week I've had zero time for sewing. (Apart from J's trouser hems of course!) So I was glad to steal away for half an hour (while Little Tornado was napping) this afternoon, and tick something else off my restyle pile...


I thrifted this little number  for £1 just because I really like the print, and the fabric is nicely lightweight and drapey. It's the classic "dress to skirt" restyle with the top of the dress chopped off and a casing sewn for an elasticated waistband. Nothing fancy at all, but I really like this skirt already and think it will prove itself a really versatile wardrobe basic.

It'll work well in the summer with a cami and gladiator sandals. Because of the elasticated top it will still work as a dress on the beach , or belted under a cardi. Looking forward to trying out some variations. Should be a good "remix" item.

Encased elasticated waistband tutorial to follow for those that have never tried it before...

Up next is this pashmina/oversize scarf.  It started off as one thing and it's evolving into something completely different...just hope it works, lol!

Pxxx

5 comments :

  1. Yay for accomplishing something for yourself. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt is cute and looks comfy, and I can't wait to see what you are up to with the scarf!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line...