Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Me Made June 2011....and Restyle # 16!


 "I, Miss P, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-June ’11. I will aim to wear one me-made item each day for the duration of June 2011"

Yep, I'm a little late to the party but that will be no surprise to anyone who knows me well! I'd been ummm'ing and ah'ing about the whole thing. I know there are massive gaps in my wardrobe still. After all it's only a matter of weeks since we finished Me Made March. I'm still not entirely convinced I can pull this off BUT I did find that the last challenge was a great motivator for using my imagination both in terms of putting outfits together AND whipping up some quick fix Me Made garments at speed. So I'm in(sane).....Plus I ran myself up a little fail safe out of a vintage kitchen curtain, that I can turn to in times of need and housework.....;)

7 comments :

  1. Good luck Portia, I am with you on this one. I have been speed sewing for a few weeks with not too much to show for the effort. Had some mishaps with the iron. And a drag line that I can't seem to fix! Oh well. I have already told myself that I just started sewing and MMJune is going to be sparse. Here's to wishing you luck with June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute apron! I just love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey P, will be following MMJ avidly - best of luck and have fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That apron is adorable. Good luck with Me Made June - I'm sure this will be another great learning opportunity. I'm still not quite at the point where I can participate in such event, but hoping someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric is so cute! How retro! Have a great MMJ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi P, I love this apron! The fabric print is really fun. Do you have any favourite places to pick up vintage fabrics?
    Vics@thrifters

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...

Blogging tips