Thursday, March 14, 2013

Refashion: Polka Dot Jeans

Today I finished up a little spring themed refashion. Spring because of the pastel tones and polka dots; and spring themed because I insisted on wearing this in the freezing cold today in a bid to tempt spring from it's hiding hole. Dress for the weather you want, not the weather you have, is my new mantra :) I am SO over this winter malarkey it's not even funny! Anyhow, I took a plain pair of jeans, and polka dotted the life out ot them and took them in two sizes...what d'ya think?


If you follow my facebook page then you'll know right away how I did this ;) Heck, you can probably work it out by looking at the photos.  But for those of you who want a more in depth "how to"; bear with me while I sort through my photos! I have a new camera and am trying to get to grips with that AND a new editing suite. Gah! (I have been cussing ALOT today! Lauren would be proud ;). So my usual step by step will follow shortly. But for now, just wanted to share the after pics, as I'm a wee bit chuffed with this one....

UPDATE: TUTORIAL IS HERE


13 comments :

  1. So cute! I'm addicted to polka dots, why haven't I thought of this before! Genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the polka dots! But what I really want to know is how the heck you took them in two sizes?! I've tried taking in my pants dozens of times, and it never turns out right. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I found you via the Refashion Co-op (I'm also a contributor). Thanks for sharing this! I love polka dots, and can't wait to try this out for myself! I'd also like to see the tutorial on how you took your jeans in. I have a stack of jeans that I'd like to refashion into skinny jeans, and I want to make sure I use the best technique before making that first cut! Thanks for sharing! :)
    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the polka dots too! What a great idea!

    And I am with you on the spring dressing - I'm so fed up with my boring navy, dark greens and greys of winter, so today wore my pale yellow and pale green jumper to work. Yes I froze, but I got a few compliments too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, big like! looks like bleach. how did you get those dots so even and well placed? I must try this at home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I love the colour combo--very spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeeeep, love these so, so much Portia! I want them...for real! Please!?! I think I have too much junk in my trunk for light coloured jeans, but I do love these so. Might seriously have to give the bleachy polka dot look! You're so darned clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute Portia, looking forward to seeing how you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever! They look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you use bleach??? I love the look and can't wait to see more pictures and instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look fab, that's a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...

Blogging tips