Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Refashioners 2013 - Starts 3rd June!

People, I'm so excited! This year's instalment of The Refashioner's is just around the corner, and it's promising to be a total inspirationfest, let me tell you! For newer readers who may be unfamiliar with the series, let me recap I first ran this challenge back in 2011. You can catch up on all past posts here. Essentially this is a blind challenge. A call to arms of some of the interweb's best sewing bloggers to flex their creative muscles and step up to the plate. All of the bloggers below have done just that; and about 2 months ago they received a "mystery" package, from me, in the mail. A garment (or maybe something else...) that they were charged with turning into something amazing. They had no idea what they would receive. Would I be kind to them? Or would they hear a faint evil laugh echoing as they opened their parcels?? Well, in the fullness of time, they'll tell you that themselves.....

The Refashioners 2013: Joanne,  Tasha,  Liz,  Zoe,  Karen,  Marie,  Elisalex,  Lauren,  Sally,  Dixie.

Starting from 3rd June, there will be not 1, oh no, but 2 weeks of guest posts from the talented stitchers above! Some of whom are old hands at refashioning, and some who are dipping their stitching toes in the water for the very first time; and pushing themselves out of their familiar comfort zones. All in and effort to inspire us all to have a go at refashioning and show you  that a flat length of fabric is not the only starting point. That you have all the raw materials you need at the back of your wardrobe, or in your local charity shop/thrift store. I for one can't wait to show you what they've come up with. This is going to be AWESOME!


16 comments :

  1. How exciting! I have recently found your blog, and all your fellow wonderful sewing bloggers, I was so pleased to find more refashioners and sewers out there! Cant wait to see the posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what these fab ladies come up with! (And what gorgeous/hideous chaz shop finds you foisted on them...) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your refashion posts and am really looking forward to seeing what everyone makes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. Look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeep, I'm so excited Portia...I'm writing up my post and sending everything over to you today ;o) Reading this I can't help thinking how lucky I am to be in the company of such talented and gorgeous gals!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like this is going to be a brilliant guest post series, I look forward to reading about their fantastic projects. Is it a coincidence they are all brunettes? hehe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek - can't wait to see what lovely things are created out of some hideous chazza finds!

    www.mancunianvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see what everyone makes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Portia, here in the states we have a refashioner and her name is Beth and she is running a virtual Re-fashion runway. She would be a compliment to your group. Visit here http://chicenvelopements.wordpress.com/
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what happened to the post but I'll retype it so if it comes back as two, I apologize.
    Here in the States we have a Re-fashioner like all of you. Her name is Beth. She certainly would be a compliment to your group AND she is conducting a virtual re-fashion runway that you may all be interested in.
    http://chicenvelopements.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really looking forward to seeing what everyone's made (especially you Portia) and how everyone felt about refashioning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! How much fun is this. How can I get in the fun next year?!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. !!! This was a ton of fun and I can't wait to see what everyone got and what they made.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this!!!! So exciting... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it. I shall be reading along.
    I do wish you would include some larger size ladies in the mix too as that really helps us bigger girls who want to refashion but find it tricky due to size and amount of fabric in a garment for refashioning.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line...